Hydra AMS (Bambu Lab AMS Mod)
Compatible With all Spool Sizes
Government and Education
3DPrintergear has been supplying government organisations with 3D printers, services and support since 2012. As an approved government customer you will automatically be entitled to 30-day terms with an official purchase order.
Want to become a reseller?
3DPrintergear offers special pricing to genuine resellers. Once your application is approved, your new buying prices will be shown on our website after you login. To apply for a resellers account please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Order Qualifies for Free Shipping! - FREE
Your order will be shipped by the most economical option, with online tracking. Delivery is usually 2-7 business days.
Free pick-up from store - FREE
Free pick-up from '781 High St, Reservoir VIC 3073', between 9am and 5pm
- Express Dispatch
- Australian Owned & Operated
- Money Back Guarantee
- Quality Assured Products
Hydra AMS - Bambu Lab X1 + P1P Upgrade
Full credit where owing goes to Humebeam for his continued effort. 3D Printer Gear has permission to sell the Hydra AMS model as an upgrade to the Bambu Lab AMS unit. If you would like to print your own, the original design and instructions can be found here. Also check out some of his other awesome work here
Print with different size spools and materials with the Hydra AMS. Allowing for the use of different sizes of filament spools within the Bambu Lab Carbon X1 and P1P 3D printers. The unit arrives fully printed, assembled and tested prior to dispatch to ensure full functionality.
Advantages of the Hydra AMS:
Hydra AMS functions as an upgraded main body substitute for the Bambu Lab AMS. This multifilament companion is specifically designed for the Bambu Lab X1, X1 Carbon, and P1P 3D printers.
- Increased spool widths: Hydra AMS can accommodate up to 75mm width spools. This means most 1 kg spools will fit comfortably, which is a significant advantage over the standard AMS.
- Increased spool diameters: It supports up to 203mm diameter spools, providing more options for the users.
- Adjustable spool rollers: There are four positions available for rollers that can handle spools of diameter from 120 mm to 205 mm. This offers flexibility to the users in terms of the spool sizes they can use.
- Redesign for full spools: The AMS feeder/motor mechanism is angled five degrees backward to allow printing of full spools. This is a crucial update that helps improve the efficiency of printing.
- Material Options: The Hydra AMS can be printed in just about any filament or colour combination you like.
- Assembly: The Hydra AMS comes fully assembled and tested for functionality ready to be connected to your 3D printer.
- Compatibility: It maintains compatibility with RFID and uses the standard AMS outer casing.
- Redesigned for better RFID range: The latest version of Hydra AMS has more cutouts for the RFID chips, which should improve the RFID range, especially when Hydra is printed in CF-infused filaments.
Included in your Order:
- Fully Assembled and tested Hydra AMS unit.
Reviews and More Information:
Why buy from "3D PRINTER GEAR"?
Since 2012, 3D Printer Gear is Australia's leading supplier of 3D printers, filaments, resins, and 3D scanners to Australian businesses, schools and hobbyists.
We are passionate about 3D printing Australia and the limitless opportunities additive manufacturing can provide to everybody. All our products go through rigorous testing in our in-house 3D printing farm before they are listed on our website so you also gain expert advice on 3D printing setup calibration and techniques.
From the home user working on their latest invention, mining and military applications or supplying the many schools and universities around Australia, our focus is to provide quality 3D printing material and expert 3D printing advice at a competitive price.
- Fast shipping to all Australian capital cities.
- Pickup available from our Melbourne Showroom