ColorFabb woodfill is a new type of wood filament for 3D printing. It consists of 30% pinewood in a binder of colorFabb PLA/PHA. It is very different from wood filaments that are on the market now.
- The filament and printed object have good mechanical properties. The filament is reasonably ductile and will not snap during regular handling. It feeds well in bowden and direct drive extruders.
- The color is stable over a range of temperatures. This material will not change color by increasing or decreasing temperature.
- The added filler gives the material a lot of melt strength, so bridging is excellent. This same property also allows the material to be heat smoothed after printing.
- The printed object immediately has full strength after printing just like a regular PLA print. No post-print curing time is required.
- The filler content results in nearly zero warpage or shrinkage of the part. The makes dimensional stability and build plate adhesion excellent.
- This material is provided on a spool! Standard spool is a minimum of 750 grams of filament.
- It is available in 1.75mm and 2.85 (3mm) and can be printed with a 0.4mm or larger nozzle.
Check out our testing of this material here.
colorFabb has provided excellent informational resources for this material including profiles for Cura and Makerware here.