ColorFabb XT-CF20 Carbon Fibre 0.75kg
- Express Dispatch
- Australian Owned & Operated
- Money Back Guarantee
- Quality Assured Products
ColorFabb XT CF20 Carbon Fibre
ColorFabb XT-CF20 is a co-polyester based carbon fibre composite material that is based on the unique Amphora 3D polymer from Eastman Chemical and is loaded with no less than 20% specially sourced carbon fibres suitable for 3D Printing.
Combining carbon fibres in filaments material is not a new idea, but colorFabb has been able to combine a lot of desired properties into 1 new material :
- Extreme High Flex Modulus (6.2 GPa), twice as stiff as PLA/PHA
- Moderate strain at break (8-10%), so no extreme brittle filament, but toughness
- High Glass Temp. (Tg = 80C)
- Very high Melt strength
- Very high Melt Viscosity
- Good dimensional accuracy and stability
- Low odour / Styrene Free solution
- Easy processing on many platforms
- High attractive matt black surface
CARBON FIBER IS ABRASIVE
A special point of attention is the abrasive nature of the carbon fibres. In general these fibres will accelerate the nozzle-wear of brass nozzles, much faster than unfilled filaments. There colorFabb recommends to use nozzle’s from Stainless steel or hardened copper alloys.
Just think of all the great applications for a variety industries, that now will have a material that performs according to expectations. Functionality, stiffness, dimensional stability, heat resistant, what more can you ask? Applications in the RC Industry / Drones / Aerospace / Automotive / Prototyping and many more can now be developed on your desktop 3D Printer.